The next few weeks are going to see some big changes. I can already feel the energy starting to build. Normally, I am not one for making New Year resolutions, but I think this year I might. If there is already energy building, why not take advantage of it?
That is, if I can figure out how.
Above is the reading I decided to do to try to get some idea of where and how to do some changes. I did it with my most relaxed deck, the Paulina Tarot (US Game Systems, author Paulina Cassidy). I just wanted a snapshot, so I used a Celtic Coss spread. The cards are as follows:
- Eight of swords, usually the significator position. I don’t use the significator much because I feel this position talks to the energy of the client at this very moment. All I got out of this card is that I am stuck, not by my own choosing, but at the same time it is. What’s funny is that I am reminded of Skye/Daisy’s transformation on Agents of Shield. The organic growth that this card is showing the woman stuck in. Perhaps that is the transformation starting?
- Crossing me, the Hermit. I am bidding on a position at work that would put me into a position of sort of a consultant. There is only one person for an entire side of our development process, and that would be this role. So I see work and the bid is crossing me right now.
- The past, the Tower. I feel like this goes back two years, when I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My whole life came crashing down. But perhaps that was part of this entire plan.
- The future, six of wands. To be honest, I have no idea what to make of this card being there. Ideas taking flight, images of plans moving forward? I don’t know.
- My fears, the seven of pentacles reversed. I don’t normally read reversed, but this time it feels like I should. I have done a significant amount of work to get me where I am, and I am afraid of it all wilting quickly.
- My hopes and dreams, three of swords. This one I have no idea again. It showed up reversed, but it doesn’t feel right.
- How others see me, Queen of Wands. This is a big thing, as my normal identified significator is the Queen of Pentacles. Perhaps this is a sign of a significant change in my identity?
- How I see myself, four of swords. This is definitely different than the Queen in the previous card. Perhaps I still have self image and perception work to do.
- Environment, six of swords. Again, I have no idea what to make of this card.
- Final outcome, Death. Well, I guess no matter what is going on and what changes are going to be coming, they are inevitable.
This reading bugs me. First, because I can read cards so much better than this, and second, because I hate not knowing where it is I am moving toward. I like plans, I like processes that are spelled out. I don’t like unknowns. But perhaps that is what I am supposed to get used to, the unknown. How do you prepare for that? I know that is the point, you don’t prepare, but how do you prepare for that again?
Can’t tell I am a Taurus, can you?